In the Summer of 2008 we celebrated our 30th Anniversary!!!!
Our shop was started in 1978 as "To Stitch or Knot" (the knot was for macramé) and was located in a little house on Mount Gallant Road in Rock Hill. At the time, there were five cross stitch stores in our little town! After a few years, we added Custom Framing and we quickly grew out of the small house and we moved to our present location. Although at times we have tried diversifying, these other ideas were short lived. Cross stitch and custom framing have always remained constant.
Our shop is located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, just 30 minutes from downtown Charlotte, NC. We are approximately ½ mile from I-77 (exit 82-C) on Highway 161 West-Celanese Road. Each room of the shop overflows with all the items a true stitcher loves and new stitchers are anxious to learn about. Click here so see our map.
Our staff is always ready and willing to assist you. Our goal is to provide you with the finest quality products at a reasonable price and with friendly, courteous service. We are a Cross Stitcher's Paradise. We have one of the largest showcases of fabrics, fibers, patterns, kits and accessories in the United States. Thousands of different book titles and patterns line our walls. If you need a specific item, just ask and we will try to get it for you.
Special Orders are welcome. We try to keep in-stock the most current products on the marketplace, but we will try our utmost to obtain anything cross stitch related you desire.
Visit our Fun/Adventures Classes section for more information on course offerings.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover credit cards. We will ship anywhere !!
Remember, our knowledgeable, courteous staff is always willing to assist you with your cross stitch needs, whether you are visiting the shop in person or on the web. We strive to achieve excellent customer service.
We feature many different fabrics and, in addition, we also have a wide variety of fibers. The list of fabrics includes, but is not limited to
- Aida - 11,14,16,18,20 and 22 count
- Linen - Belfast, Cashel, Cork, Country French, Dublin, Edinborough, Linen/Silk
- Hand-dyed fabric from Picture This Plus, Lakeside Linens, R&R Reproductions, and Weeks Dye Works
- Jubilee, Jobelan, Klostern, Lugana, Tula
- Banding - Mill Hill and Zweigert
- Premade items such as Bibs, burp pads, fingertip towels, Trail Creek Farm pillows
- Afghan fabrics - Alphabet, Anne, Fireside, Gloria, Hearthside, Novara, Patriotic
- DMC floss, rayon, perle cotton 5, 8, 12
- Crescent Colours, Gentle Arts Sampler Thread, Weeks Dye Works, Threadworkx
- Kreinik (Blending filament, Braid - #4, #8, #12)
- Caron Watercolors, Waterlilies, Wildflowers, Impressions, Snow
- Silk 'n Colors, Treasure Braid, Whisper, Accentuate
- Needlepoint Silk
- Premade frames and wood items
- Dazor magnifying lamps
- Daylight lights
- Gazelle and Ergo floor stands
- Elan table stand
- Scroll rods